Hello, have you wondered why you can’t go wrong with roasted plantain?, in Lagos streets you could barely move a block without seeing a boli joint. Here is one my favorite homemade boli combo. Enjoy….
- 75 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized Croaked fish (your desire)
- 1 medium size onion
- 4 bulb Ata Rodo (scotch bonnet) (you may add to taste)
- 2 measuring cups washing & diced Tomatoes.
- 2 plantain (half-ripe)
- Ugwu (or any green vegetable leaf)
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- 1 tsp of curry powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of chilli pepper powder
- Salt to taste.
- Pre-heat the grill, you may use a charcoal, firewood, electrical or gas grill.(all will achieve good results).
- Peel and place plantain on preheated grill and roast until it turns golden brown in colour (you would need to turn it from time to time to achieve an even roast.)
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Carefully remove scales, gills and intestines, and wash properly. Add one heap full of salt, 1 tsp of chili pepper powder, 1 tsp curry powder (optional) & 1 crushed seasoning cube in a bowl and mix together.
- Rub the mixture all over the fish and let it sit for 10 mins to help fish absorb seasoning.
- Heat oil once the oil is hot, put the whole fish gently into the oil, deep fry for 7-10 mins on each side. Or until Golden brown. once fish is done drain oil on a rack.
- Wash Ata Rodo (scotch Bonnet) and onions with clean water, and chop nicely
- Heat oil over high heat, put in your tomatoes, ata rodo and onions together, fry for about 10 mins or until the tomatoes becomes soft. Add 1 crushed seasoning cube, theN cook for 10mins and turn off heat.
- Put in bowl and garnish with some chopped green vegetable.
FOOD IS READY!!!!!!!! All this procedures wouldn’t exceed 1 hr 30 mins, this is all the time you need to fulfill your dream appetite food.